Rarely does a week go by that you don’t hear on the news about a security breach. Companies such as Equifax, Facebook, Google, Target and the NSA all have had significant incidents with millions of records viewed, copied, corrupted or kidnapped and held for ransom.
And though it may seem like this is the “Wild, Wild West”, there is no going back to an era when everyone’s data isn’t digital.
As a company devoted to servicing the most sensitive information – name, address, Social Security number, wages – we know this can be uncomfortable, if not flat-out frightening.
So what do we do to protect your data?
- Encrypt, encrypt, encrypt. Federal Taxpayer Information (FTI) and privacy data is encrypted in accordance with compliance standards and industry best practices using Transport Layer Security (TLS) encryption technologies for data transferred over the Internet. FTI and privacy data stored in databases and backup media are also encrypted at rest.
- Hire experts. We are part of a larger company and have a fully staffed data center at corporate headquarters. That ensures we have the top-notch talent and resources to keep up-to-date. Among the credentials our team has are:
- Certified Expert Penetration Tester
- Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) Web Application Penetration Tester
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- GIAC Cyber Security Essentials Certification
- Certified Information Systems Auditor
- PCI Internal Security Assessor (ISA)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Invest in infrastructure. From dual data centers to network and server redundancy, we have invested in the equipment necessary to protect data from physical threats and natural disasters. A company without wide-ranging resources and foresight might just declare bankruptcy and close down if faced with challenges. A larger enterprise such as ours can take a long-view approach.
- Develop and adhere to processes. Scheduled security updates, penetration tests, third-party auditing and certification (SOC2 Type 2) all are foundational measures built into our DNA.
Security is a never-ending pursuit, and efile4Biz is dedicated to continually enhancing our security procedures and practices.